Moses Meets Face-to-Face with Pharaoh and the Lord
The story of Moses is also the story of the tribe of Israel, from exile and captivity in Egypt through forty years' wandering in the wilderness, receiving the Ten Commandments from God on Mount Sinai, and finally seeing the Promised Land. Throughout the story, Moses is accompanied by his older brother, Aaron, and his older sister, Miriam.
The story is told in Exodus and Deuteronomy:
1. Moses Is Born and Saved by Two Sisters - His Own, and Pharoah's, Exodus 2: 1 - 22
2. God Brings Plagues to Egypt, and the Israelites Flee Pharaoh, Exodus 5 through 21
3. The Lord Sends Bread Like Rain, Exodus 16
4. God Gives Moses the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai, Exodus 19: 17 - 20: 19
5. The Israelites Wander in the Desert for Forty Years, Exodus 16 - 34
6. God Forgives a Faithless People, Exodus 32: 7 - 14
7. Moses' Face Shines with the Light of the Lord, Exodus 34: 29 - 35
8. Moses Sees the Promised Land, Deuteronomy 34: 1 - 12
1. Who were the Israelites? Who were they named for?
[The Israelites were descendents of Jacob, who was also called Israel.]
2. Who gave Moses the courage to confront Pharaoh?
[God gave Moses the courage to confront Pharaoh.]
3. How did the Israelites feel when Moses went up on the mountain to listen to God?
[The Israelites thought Moses had abandoned them when he went up on the mountain to listen to God.]
4. Who led the Israelites safely into the Promised Land?
[Joshua led the Israelites safely into the Promised Land.]
HomePage | Calendar | A Note to Parents and Teachers | Confirmation HomePage | References and Resources | Out of Egypt (a play about Moses and the Ten Plagues) | People | Confirmation Instruction Overview |